High school to college and then university is a fascinating transition in the life of the students. Most of the times, the students get challenged and sometimes everything works with the flow. Among all of this, only one thing can lead to severe headaches of the students i.e. What is a PEEL method?
So, let us begin.
What is the PEEL Method?
The PEEL paragraph is a proven writing technique that allows the students during the process of writing. This method proposes a kind of framework for writing that leads to clear understanding and excellent presentation of the facts.
The word PEEL is the abbreviated form of Point, Evidence/Examples, Explain and Link.
What is the PEEL Writing Strategy?
The PEEL paragraph layout allows to bring the sentences all together in order to frame a paragraph. The students need to know that a sentence is one of the basic components of the paragraph. Also, this is a grammatical unit with only one piece of information. One or more sentences are combined together in order to deliver one message. One paragraph will bring out one central idea. Thus, in order to convey more than a thought or idea, the students need to write a paper, which a large combination of the paragraphs. Every paragraph will thus have different ideas or notions to explain.
Meaning of PEEL Paragraph and Its Use
To start from the basics, a PEEL paragraph contains the information that is highly logical and structured.
1. Point: The students must know that the topic sentence in a PEEL Paragraph must present the main idea of the topic. Since it is the subject sentence, there is no need to cite this.
2. Example: The next section of the PEEL paragraph introduces and provides evidence and examples in order to support your idea. This includes the research findings, statistics, facts and also quotes from the reliable sources available online.
3. Explanation: This is the third part of the PEEL paragraph. This aims at explaining the relationship between an idea and the evidence or the provided example. In the explanation part, you need to provide complete and detailed information. This is the section where you have to infer the information for the readers. Thus, it is necessary to take a critical or analytical approach.
4. Link: This is considered to be the final part of the PEEL paragraph. This part must be related to the thesis statement of the paper you are writing. The concluding sentence of the PEEL paragraph should strongly support the actual notion and leave a switch or the link to the next paragraph for consistency.
Elements of a Good Paper Written using PEEL Paragraph
Regardless of the type of paragraph structure, you are using, i.e. either TEEL or PEEL, it is imperative for you to learn how to write a perfect paper. By using the structure, you get a chance to arrange all your facts in the right way for the best written paper.
Take a glimpse on the tips that will allow you to write an excellent paper.
• You need to make sure that every paragraph of the paper mainly focusses on one single idea. Combining all the ideas together in one paragraph may turn out to be hard for the readers to know the exact motive of your topic.
• You need to have a framework for the paper you are writing in order to make sure of a smooth flow of all the information before actually writing.
• Don’t overlook to include a clear thesis declaration in your opening paragraph.
• Try to write the paper with four-five paragraphs.
• Your academic papers are considered perfect when you come up with well-framed sentences, correct flow of information and no grammar and logical error.
• You need to keep away from plagiarism in your paper. Unique and original content will surely drive you to score well.
For sure, if you want to write good papers, you need to master the PEEL method. This method is not at all tough until you know its exact meaning and use. This method is surely going to help you in writing excellent and flawless papers.